Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Butterbeer



I've been wanting to make butterbeer for a while, and I finally got the chance. For those who don't know what butterbeer is, it is a fictional drink made up by J. K. Rowling in the Harry Potter series.  Universal Studios makes a Rowling-approved butter beer, and many fans have made their own recipes in attempt to replicate it. I flat out stole the recipe from this blog after googling it, and I give Jessica from Bake Me Away full credit. Of course, I did minor variations. Here are the ingredients I used:

Whipping Cream
Reddi-whip
A & W Cream Soda
Smucker's Butterscotch Topping
Butterscotch schnapps

I have limited supplies living in a dorm, so bear with me on my methods. First of all, the original recipe was for cold butterbeer, and I wanted warm butterbeer since it is March and I'm in Michigan. The first thing I did was pour the cream soda into a tall glass mug. I then poured in a shot of schnapps. Then I poured the whipping cream into a bowl and added three spoonfuls of butterscotch topping and whipped. I don't know if I did that right, I've never whipped anything before. It seemed too creamy so I busted out the reddi-whip and mixed some into it until it seemed like a frothy topping. I then microwaved the mug in intervals of 30 seconds until it was hot to my liking, and then poured the whipped contents on top. The whipped topping was still soupy, but it was good, it made it mix in with the drink and still maintained the beer foam look on top. And that was that. It tasted amazing and I can't wait to make more and experiment with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment