Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Grad School and the Future of this Blog

As a student in Comparative Religion, I am a little concerned about finding a job after college. So I have decided to go for grad school to get my masters. With a masters degree I could teach college courses, so at least I would be trained for a specific job. Of course, I need to get my application in by February so I need to start training. Also, I need to afford it so I need to start working. Today I have a job interview at my dad's work, so I'm hoping that will take care of the job thing. As for my grad school application, I need to do more than that.

My first step will be to take the GRE, a 4 hour test to ensure I am competent enough to study at a graduate level. And $160 later I am signed up to take it on July 13th. Of course this means I cannot fall into my usual summer state of inactivity. I need to keep my reading and writing skills up this summer, which means I will be reading more books and writing more blog entrees (hopefully). I hope that soon my blog will contain better content than me updating you about my life. We'll see where it goes. Once I get more organized I have some ideas. BIG ideas. Not really, but good ideas. You'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment